Stocked in Ontario so no import fees and no sales tax. Faster shipping times compared to shipping from the states! The TIME-SERT 2200 head bolt thread repair kit is a universal head bolt thread kit that can be used on a variety of automobile engines that use the very common metric size 11 millimeter by 1.5 millimeter bolt size. This is for a "first time" repair which means it has never had a repair insert of any kind installed previously. For second time repairs use a Big Sert kit which has the letters BS following the numeric kt number. We have a partial application list below. The 2200 is considered a "universal" kit because the tooling has an adjustable stop that can be adjusted to work on holes of different depths. Although, it works on other engines, the 2200 kit is mostly used for Toyota engines. There's is even a TSB out saying that this kit is what's recommended to repair the three or four middle bolts on the backside of the head of many Toyota engines. We recommend installing all ten inserts on Toyota's while the head is off to eliminate any pulled threads when installing the head bolts and torquing to the maufacturer's specifications (torque specs). That also also eliminates weak links that the remaining aluminum threads would end up being, that could possibly fail shortly after the car is back on the road. Therefore it's recommended to upgrade to the much stronger tensil strength steel, bushing type inserts (part number 11155) that are included in the Time-Sert 2200 head bolt thread repair kit. TIME-SERT is recommended by leading automobile manufacturers. See our pictures for measurements of tooling in SAE (inches) and in metric (millimeters). Questions and Answers on the Time Sert 2200.
Time Sert 2200 Head Bolt Thread Repair Kit Includes:
Qty Tool Item Number
1 - 56111 Drill Fixture
1 - J-42385-302 Drill Bushing
1 - J-42385-303 Alignment Pin
1 - 11111 Core Drill
1 - 11112 Tap
1 - 11113 Insert Driver
2 - J-42385-503 Bolts, Short 2.5"
2 - J-42385-604 Bolts, Medium 3.5"
2 - 2201 Bolts, Long 4"
1 - 7586 Ink Marker, Sharpie
1 - Metal Ruler
1 - 6010 Driver Oil
1 - 6020 Loctite Sealer
10 -11155 M11x1.5x30mm Replacement Inserts
See the Time-Sert 2200 Thread Repair Kit Instructions pdf - Also see the Youtube video linked above for more tips for a proper repair.
*Note TTY head bolts should be replaced as per service manual. Reusing stretched head bolts can cause repeat thread and/or head gasket failure.
Toyota Vehicles with M11x1.5mm Head Bolts
- Scion tC with 2.4 L 2362 CC L4 DOHC 16 Valve 2005 - 2005
- Scion tC 2006 - 2007, Scion xB 08-09
- Toyota Camry 2.4 L 2362 CC L4 DOHC 16 Valve 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 - 2006
- Toyota Corolla 2.4 L 2362 CC L4 DOHC 16 Valve 2009
- Toyota Highlander 2.4 L 2362 CC L4 DOHC 16 Valve 2001 - 2007
- Toyota Rav4 2.0 L 1998 CC L4 1AZFE DOHC 2001 - 2003
- Toyota Rav4 2.4 L 2362 CC L4 2AZFE 2004 - 2005
- Toyota Rav4 2.4 L 2362 CC L4 DOHC 16 Valve 2005
- Toyota Solara 2.4 L 2362 CC L4 DOHC 16 Valve 2002 - 2007
- Toyota Matrix 2.4 L 2362 CC L4 DOHC 16 Valve 2009
- Pontiac Vibe 2.4 Liter 2362 L4 DOHC 2009-2010
Hyundai Partial List
- Hyundai Sante Fe 3.5 Liter 2007-2011
- Hyundai Sante Fe 3.5 Liter 2007-2011
- Hyundai Genisis 3.5 Liter 2009
Kia Partial List
- Kia Sorento 3.5 Liter 2007-2011
- Kia Sedona 3.5 Liter 2006-2011
Cadillac and Oldsmobile Northstar Engines *Note the Time-Sert 2200 universal will work on the Northstar engines by adjusting the stops for the different depths. There are also specific kits listed below that have measurements pre-determined. A total of 20 inserts are needed for the Northstar engines if repairing entire block.
- 1995-1999 the specific kit number is J-42385-500 (Holes are one depth).
- 2000-2003 the specific kit number is J-42385-2000 (Holes are 2 depths).
Honda Vehicles with M11x1.5mm Head Bolts - the more specific kit for the Honda's is the 7111.
- CR-V - 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006
- Accord L4 03, 04, 05, 06 and 07
- Element 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009
- Civic SI 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 and 09
- RSX 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006
- Integra 1986-2001 1986-1995
- Legend 1991-2005
- NSX 1996-2004 RL
- TSX 2.4L 2004-2009
See the following video for our explanation of: What makes Time Sert "better" than Heli Coil?
Question - On the holes that have line-up dowels. Do you have to replace the dowels? Will the hole be too large after reaming?
Answer - No. The tooling will not disturb the original dowel hole. Dowels have to be removed before you can drill the hole that has a dowel in it. The dowel will go back in as long as it was not damaged when it was removed. See our dowel removal tool CV95400. Workaround without the special tool below. Caution: Do not mar the surface of the block!
Place a suitable bolt that will fit closely into Dowel so that it will not crush. Use a pair of vise grips to hold on the "outside" of the dowel. Slowly work the dowel back and forth as you use slight pressure under the vise grip with a screw driver to give up lift. Use care not to scratch the top of block in the process. Sometimes head alignment dowels will come out easy and sometimes hard depending on tolerances of the block, how much the dowel gets crushed in the process, or rust, etc.